The Community Outreach Program meets the needs of disabled and elderly individuals and low income families living in Clinton and Franklin Counties. There are eleven Outreach Centers located throughout Clinton County. In Franklin County our main Outreach Office is located at 19 Webster Street. Additional Outreach Services are provided by our Mobile Outreach Unit, which offers services throughout Franklin County. These are the entrance points for many people seeking services. They provide one-on-one confidential assistance maximizing the amount of personal support JCEO offers.
Outreach Staff Provide:
- Information and Referral: Outreach Workers maintain a comprehensive information file of other agencies in the counties. If the Outreach Worker cannot help you directly, they will be able to help you contact the agency that can provide assistance.
- Application Assistance: Application assistance for programs such as HEAP, Weatherization, Empower, SNAP and The Christmas Bureau of Clinton County.
- Family Development: Community Outreach staff offer families strength based support, guidance and resources necessary to enhance their self-reliance. Families identify goals and steps necessary to achieve them. Family goals may include employment, education, parenting, health and safety as well as financial management. The Family Development Program is voluntary and family focused. JCEO’s Family Development Workers have successfully completed the New York State Family Development Credential.
- Housing Assistance: Families facing eviction and/or homelessness are provided with information, referral and advocacy to appropriate community resources. Families are offered budgeting assistance to promote self-reliance and prevent future crisis. Funds for rent or security deposits are provided on a case by case basis and emergency utility assistance may also be offered.
- Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP): JCEO is an alternate HEAP Program certifier for Clinton County Department of Social Services. Application assistance for Regular and Emergency HEAP is offered to income eligible renters and homeowners.
- Summer Camp Scholarships: With funding provided through the Community Services Block Grant, Stewart’s Matching Funds and Kiwanis events income eligible children within Clinton and Franklin County receive scholarships to Y Kids Camp, Camp Jericho, Basketball Camp, Soccer Camp and others as requested.
- Back to School Supply Drive: Each year JCEO coordinates a Back to School Drive that helps provide the basic supplies for anyone attending school. JCEO receives funding from the Community Services Block Grant and numerous donations from the community.
- Rural Transportation Program: The Rural Transportation Program offers seniors transportation to medical appointments within Clinton County. There are no income guidelines and all services are confidential. Seniors may contact the Community Outreach Office in their town. Seniors residing in the towns of Schuyler Falls, Beekmantown and the City of Plattsburgh may contact our main office for assistance. This service is funded through a cooperative effort by the Clinton County Office for the Aging and the New York State Office for the Aging.
- Volunteer Opportunities: Encourage consumers and community members to participate on COP activities including, Policy Advisory Committees (PACs), holiday programs and volunteer driving to medical appointments.