What is CCR&R?
CCR&R is a Child Care Resource and Referral Service. Parents seeking child care may contact JCEO’s trained specialists for a list of registered and licensed day care providers in their area. JCEO also provides parents with information on different types of child care and a guide to identify your child care needs.
Types of Day Care:
New York State recognizes three types of Day Cares.
- New York State Legal Exempt – Provide care for family members
- New York State Registered Family Day Care – provide care in your home for up to eight children ages six weeks to twelve years.
- New York State Licensed Group Family Day Care- provide care in your for up to sixteen children with an assistant for children ages six weeks to twelve year.
For more information on how to select a Child Care provider:
How do I become a Registered Day Care Provider?
JCEO’s Day Care Program, through The Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS), provides support for people that are interested in starting child day care programs in their communities. According to OCFS, any child day care program planning to serve three or more children for more than three hours a day on a regular basis must obtain a license or registration.
JCEO’s Day Care Program is there to guide you through the process. We offer technical support with the application process and can provide limited start-up funds to assist with health and safety items.
More information is available at https://ocfs.ny.gov/main/childcare/becomeaprovider.asp.
How to Become a NYS Child Day Care Provider (PHOTO)
Benefits of Becoming a Registered Day Care Provider
- Save money on your tax returns. Learn more here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_y5fvauu08
- Network with other professionals in your field
- Learn and use best up-to-date child care practices
- Parents can claim child care expenses on their tax returns
- Free training
Registered child care providers are required to complete 30 hours of training every two years to maintain their registration. Varieties of trainings are offered throughout the year.
Health and Safety Training
This required training for soon-to-be providers is presented quarterly at JCEO in Plattsburgh. The 15-hour training fee is $235.00. Providers will learn how to utilize the day care regulations to enhance their new program while keeping children safe.
A free 2-hour Nutrition/Civil Rights training is offered each year at JCEO in Plattsburgh.
Additional trainings are available through Child Care Coordinating Council of the North Country under the “Professional Development Calendar”